I have always been a fan of talent shows...long before American Idol even. I remember one of my favourite parts about the annual fair in town was getting to see the artists perform and compete. Maybe that's why it never shocked me that I dreamed of being an A&R talent scout for a major label. For years I knew what I wanted to do, but I didn't know if there was specifically a career doing it. As I got older I found out and wound up going to school in Toronto and taking Entertainment Management. It wasn't until my last term of school that I found out I was pregnant, and it was at that point that my dreams changed. I still love music, I still love discovering talent, but it's the X factor that I've always loved experiencing the most. The person who has that something and can just walk in and give you goosebumps and make you want to cry! I had decided that, for me, the music industry wasn't necessarily what I wanted to do with my life as a mother. Still figuring out my new dream as its newer to me, but something along the lines of being a teacher or social worker sound good to me! So in the meantime though, I still like to try and stay in the loop and keep connections to the music world. I also like to watch some good ol' TV lol I always enjoyed American Idol but often enough there were contestants going through who I felt just didn't cut it. I always agreed with Simon Cowell though. Maybe he's the villain, but he's the one who knows what he's talking about and tells it like it is...and for that I can relate to and respect him. Now I have the pleasure of watching him do what he does best on The X Factor. At first I thought it was just like American Idol only repackaged. In a sense it is...instead of Coke we have Pepsi, instead of Randy and the sometimes filler-in judges, we have L.A. and Nicole. We still have auditions and boot camp week. It's all really pretty much the same. The difference though - and this is the part that really makes the show - is that on The X Factor...they truly are looking for, finding and polishing TALENT. Each contestant seems to have it. With American Idol (and the like) I was always able to pick who my favourites were during the auditions and early stages. I am about an episode or two behind honestly, but thus far...I am having a hard time saying who exactly are the best.
Nevertheless, I always love predicting the winners so here are my current favourites based on what I have seen so far.
Finally there is Chris Rene. I am not posting his performance from the first live show because although it was good - I didn't like it as much as I liked his audition, so I am going to share that. There's something about him though and I like it.
Honestly...there are SO many people on the show who I love. People I could call myself a fan of. But as far as the winning goes...I suppose thus far these are the ones I am rooting most for.
Who are your favourites?
#TeamSimon
No comments:
Post a Comment