It's interesting that while at the Superstore, I asked the produce manager if they had organic peppers. He told me that they are not available yet (as in anywhere) and in such a tone that I felt like an idiot for not knowing that they weren't in season...or something...
Funny enough I bought an awesome, big, red, organic pepper at the co-op. They had green and orange ones as well.
It's been a long time coming for me to start taking organic food more seriously. Suddenly, even if something does cost a bit more - it is so worth it for me. I guess what really did it for me was the vine tomatoes. I had bought a bunch and they somehow ended up sitting in my home for nearly a month without being eaten. Finally one day my friend was over and making us tacos. I told her the tomatoes were old but still looked perfect - just a tad soft - and so they should prob be ok to cut up and use. Next thing I know, she is telling me that despite their perfect look, they were sprouting inside!! We were both so disturbed by this. What is in those tomatoes to make them look fresh and good, when they are actually so old they are sprouting?! There is something really creepy about that.
I won't be flawless, and it may not be easy....but I am going to do my best to really be aware of the food and products I purchase for our home and do my best to get the healthiest option available. I don't want my little boy growing up eating chemicals!!! When you think about it...feeding pesticides is poisoning your child. It's really crazy when you look at it that way. What parent wants that? I want REAL FOOD! I am already working on starting my own veggie garden, so that will help out a lot. I am just so sick of being a slave to fake food. It's just another way to control and oppress us in my opinion. There is no need for it. Same goes for other products we use. Deodorant is the devil as far as I am concerned nowadays lol I will only wear all natural stuff from now on. As for what is used for my son - shampoo and the like - that will be a top priority for me. From the moment I found out I was pregnant I have wanted nothing but the best for my son. It's time to start voting with my dollar for what is right.
Oh and I got Avocado Oil...very exciting stuff to me!! I can't wait to use it. yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment