I'm glad they mention the Holocaust, because as I was watching (back in 2010 and again now) I was thinking...how could we let this go on? We had a world war when this happened because of Hitler...how can we let this happen again? Maybe its not all exactly the same details, but its just as horrific and wrong in every way possible! It still deserves our attention! ALL of ours!
The distant thought in the back of my head of somebody breaking into my home and sexually abusing me and abducting my son, etc. is probably one of the most upsetting and terrifying circumstances I can imagine happening to us. I choose to try not to think about that chance, because fortunately its not something that is that likely to happen here. Can you imagine this being your reality, each and every day? EVERY DAY! Especially when, unlike here, the odds ARE high!! I hurt so much thinking about these people...not just the children, but their families, everyone. How horrible it must feel needing to live in that state of fear at all times. How excruciating the pain must feel to watch your brother have his throat cut in front of you...or be raped...or abducted....forced to murder and mutilate people...even your own friends and family - your parents even! How terrifying it must be just to shut your eyes when you are too tired to take the day any more. How sad it is that someone would prefer death over the life they are living because they simply have no options.
We cannot ignore this.
We need to all do our part and at the very least spread the word about this. If Joseph Kony wants power...lets give him the fame that comes with it. Lets have the people decide if what he is doing is acceptable and if it will be tolerated or not. I will NOT support him. I will shame him by helping to spread the awareness of his evil ways and contribute to bringing him down for it.
At the very least all you have to do is click SHARE...will you?
I have a shirt I got from the screening in 2010, and I am thinking it would be cool to put Kony 2012 on the back of it somehow. Definitely will have to wear that on April 20th. Thinking of getting some poster boards and making a huge sign for my window too. Let's come together and do this, because we CAN.
""Silence never won rights. They are not handed down from above; they are forced by pressures from below." ~ Roger Baldwin
No comments:
Post a Comment