Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 3: 90 Day Challenge

Well I just started my 90 day Body by Vi challenge and so far so......pretty good. I was doing great but last night a friend had a crisis and we ended up at Crabby Joe's for some indulging food and relaxation. Bad idea. Not only did we split the nachos and loaded cheese fries, I had an electric lemonade. When I got home I regretted it, especially since Crabby Joe's doesn't give nutritional info anywhere, so you can only assume the worse. So I got on my elliptical. I was too tired at that point to burn ALL the calories, but with my earned calories from exercise I managed to only be over my current caloric goal of 1300 by about 500. So, not too bad. My nutritionist has told me she would recommend me to eat within 1300-1500 range. I have been thinking about moving my goal down to 1200 - which is where it had usually been in the past. But I am going to ease into that.....I am not sure if its my meds or what, but I am hungrier it seems lately. It could be anything considering I have Fibromyalgia, PCOS, Depression and Hypothyroidism. Not to mention I'm a single mom in university full time. What a mess eh?
Anyhow, just using energy that day-to-day tasks uses is usually a struggle for me, let alone working out and putting effort into my diet.
Not "diet" diet. Ugh. I hate that word. Let's just let it be known, that basically, if I ever say diet I am referring to what I eat...not some fad I am attempting. Yes I do Body by Vi - no it is not a fad diet. You know how health nuts and athletes have shakes as meals a lot? Same thing. I get more nutrition from my shakes than I possibly could from a perfectly balanced plate of food. Plus it's quicker...which of course is great (especially for me!) because life seems to lack enough time for anything for most of us.
My current goal is to lose 30 pounds over my 90 day challenge. It ends around June. That's my birthday month AND the start of Summer so it's a pretty great timing for motivation!! If I lose 30lbs by then...and start my new challenge to lose another 30lbs...well I'd be at about my goal weight in 6 months! I certainly can't complain about that!!
Anyhow, I have no intentions to post very revealing pictures of my current weight (because who wants to do/see that?) and I won't be posting my current weight either...that is not something I am eager to share. I will be tracking my success though. I have a ticker (as always) at the bottom of my blog that will track my lost pounds. Although - I don't really want to call them "lost" - I am not losing the weight...I am GETTING RID OF IT FOREVER! So, let's say pounds trashed? lol
Everyone knows that any challenge, particularly weight loss, is more successful with support...so if anyone is interested in doing the challenge with me, or (if I actually know you lol) going for walks or working out with me, let me know :)




No comments:

Post a Comment