Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 60

Today we went to the Children's Museum for their Easter Eggstravaganza!
We had a lot of fun. When the Easter Bunny came out of the doors right before the hunt, Ben ran right up to him and gave him a massive bear hug LOL Meanwhile he had JUST stepped out of the door and was with a volunteer to explain the rules lol
It was so adorable.

My cell cam sucks!! Everything I took today on it turned out so blurry. Boooo. Well anyways this was the best I could get of us with the Easter Bunny. Ben's got his own cute little bunny nose and whiskers...



We walked down the trail afterwards and stopped in the market for some samosas. Then made a quick stop in the Dollarama in Galleria, then a minute in the Y to ask something and on we went to see my mom at work. Ben had been going on all day long about "Bubba" (Grandma) and "Dad". Even at the museum at one point I asked if he was having fun and he said "Bubba"...as in...I want to see my Grandma lol After we visited with her we walked home. We stopped in the Metro for a few things and the garden lady gave Ben a free helium balloon because it was an Easter one that would have otherwise been thrown out. He still had his face painted too so he was looking rather cute and then we went to the check out. It was a young guy working and there was an old lady in front of us. The cashier started chatting with Ben about what a fun day he looks like he had (face painted and balloon gave it away of course lol) and then I began to glance at what magazines were on the racks around us. I didn't even pick one up and it wasn't even a minute of looking before I heard the cashier say something about "Woah and you got a chocolate egg too?! Lucky!" and I look and there's Ben with a Kinder Egg nicely opened and he's eating a piece of it LOL!!!
At first I was a bit confused and thought perhaps the old lady or the cashier gave it to him as just another free treat. I said how I hadn't even noticed and the cashier started laughing and telling me how he hadn't noticed him get it either and then I realized he had simply stolen it off of the shelf and dug into all in the less than a minute that I looked away! LOL!!!
Me and the cashier had a really good laugh about it. He asked Ben where the wrapper was and I said I put it in the basket of the stroller already because I had grabbed what wasn't in his hand and the wrapper and took it from him right away. I wasn't about to give him hell for doing something that he doesn't know was wrong. He's too young to really get that he needs to pay for something to own it. So I let him eat what he had scored lol Once I told the cashier the wrapper was in the basket, I started to bend to get it and he very quietly told me not to worry about it! So Ben ended up getting it for free lol
He was pretty content, he didn't even mind that I took away the little bit I did.
Oh it was so funny...I wouldn't have even known had the cashier not pointed it out. The thing that kills me is that just yesterday was his FIRST ever experience with Kinder Eggs as the Easter Bunny brought him a couple and he ate one lol
Mike told me that I guess he had at one point tried to bite into his second egg yesterday as well and didn't take the foil off :S
I suppose that's why he so perfectly took off the packaging today...lol...I am just amazed at how fast he did it all!!

When we were home later he grabbed a toilet paper roll and unraveled a bunch of it, but right near the front door so it got a bit too dirty for my liking to simply roll back up lol I figured oh what the heck lets just PLAY...

...So I made my son into a Mummy :P lol...





When he was done he simply ripped it off and I tossed it into the recycling lol

He also played with his bunny ears a bit. The first picture is one of the ones I think from when I asked him to sit still so I could get a picture so we could show Daddy his ears lol...



This one was from when I asked him simply to SMILE! lol...



Oh how I LOVE his forced smile pose hahaha!!!! So cute and funny...it was like he was trying SO hard to smile for me haha

"Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do." - Jean de la Bruyere

No comments:

Post a Comment