So I went to the store to get it and was meeting Mike there and we were going to go for a "quick" stroll before coming back home lol
Somehow that short walk we were thinking of turned into a three hour walk!! We went to the playground for Ben to play a bit and then walked down the trail and ended up getting to the very end of the trail at Highbury and walking back again. From my place straight to Highbury it really wouldn't take too terribly long...however walking down to the trail and taking it makes it sooo much longer since it zig-zags so much! It extends the distance a great deal. It was really nice. We saw these cute, little and fast yellow and black birds and a bunch of cardinals. The one cardinal was brilliantly red! It was beautiful. We saw some wood that beavers had got at as well which was kind of cool. We found these two trees that's roots were above the water (I'm not sure how to explain it really lol) and I am going to have to go back with my camera to get a shot of them. I loved them! I was saying how it looked so nice, that all it needed was some flowers to be growing along the left and right side of the two trees and it would be actually a kind of nice spot for someone to get married (if they were going for that small, in the woods type wedding lol). It's right off the trail so it would need to be a really small wedding and you would need to be cool with the odd passerby but it would just look so sweet lol The river was high and fast and looked so nice and although we were a tad tired by the end of it, the walk was really calming. I LOVE the trail! I could walk it all day lol
I only took a few pictures along the walk so I will share all three...



"The more zigzag the way, the deeper the scenery.
The winding path approaches the secluded and peaceful place." - Huang Binhong
No comments:
Post a Comment