I wish I had something better to offer you than what I am about to post! lol
Although today was one of my favourite days in the year (Earth Day of course) I didn't get to do much to celebrate. I ended up with a killer Migraine Aura. I had to get my sister over here to watch Ben so I could sleep. It was brutal (as always). I had one just recently too, although that was far worse (maybe because I didn't get to go to sleep). I read today that apparently they can double your odds of a stroke! :S
Experiencing migraine aura – Looking at one's own brain at work
"Some would suggest that the migraine aura is actually the brain apprehending its own subroutines in consciousness. The fact that there are natural equivalents to drug-induced experiences suggests the possibility that in some sense, a sufferer is observing what's going on in the brain. The drugged or migrained brain is a cranked-up biochemical computer capable of picturing the self-organizing behavior and nonlinear dynamism at play within normally staid reality."
(borourke, everything, February 8, 2000)
So anyways, I didn't get to do anything to celebrate Earth Day with Ben this year. In fact he stayed in a onesie all day so I didn't even get to put on his "Earth Friendly" shirt today :(
I think tomorrow we might celebrate though...because really Earth Day should be everyday anyhow!
On a good note, I received in the mail today my acceptance letter from UWO Main Campus! :D
So now I am officially offered admission everywhere I applied! Woo hoo! (you should hear Ben say that...seriously...so cute!)
I was offered full time admission too which is great. Summer is part time though no matter what so I am working things out still.
Considering the day I had, I didn't take any pictures so for the sake of the blog I snapped this one of me holding part of what came in the acceptance package I got. Residence is of no interest to me really, but I wasn't about to go sharing all my personal info that's listed on the other papers with you all! :P I think you know enough!! :S

I have been using my Twitter a lot more lately...I am loving how there is just so much information that is of interest to me all pooled into one spot through other people's tweets. I have retweeted a lot of it lol
Today I found a lot of really upsetting stuff regarding animals however...being eaten alive...being skinned alive for fur...birds eating pure trash that we leave in the ocean...ugh...it was a sad, sad day for learning about the horrors animals face because of us. The video about the LIVE animals being skinned for fur was the most upsetting...I cried so much...I can't believe this kind of crap goes on in the world like it's not a problem. I mean first off, I don't agree with people wearing fur - but the fact is people still do anyhow. So the least I would expect of them is to you know...have the decency to KILL the animal quickly before stealing it's fur for fashion. So sickening. The video actually showed an animal AFTER it was skinned...still alive...
Omg...it is just so unbelievably sad to think about it all even...
:'(
Ok...well...enough of that sad stuff! I need to go to bed. Yet again I am up later than I wanted to be. I can't stand that! Why oh why do I not go to bed at 10pm??
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian Proverb
No comments:
Post a Comment