Go figure though, story of my life.
I had found a picture online of these awesome Sesame Street cupcakes that to me looked actually rather simple to make. However I have had no luck in finding any of the toppings I need to make the face. I was hoping to find candy eyeballs and something for the mouth. I think now maybe they used white icing and made it into a ball and let it dry up and dotted a black mark on it for the eyes. Anyways so I bought a few different candies I thought may work as a good substitute but they don't since they aren't in proper proportion to each other. So you can't even tell it's Sesame Street at all :(
I was going to do Cookie Monster, Elmo, Zoey and Grover.
These document the extremely sad and pathetic attempt at doing what I could with the wrong candies...
Oh did I mention how the icing was too runny? Yeah. I made it from icing sugar (for my first time ever.) and did an actually pretty great job of it...however once I was squeezing it on (for the textured look) it wasn't working. It was OK at first but then it just started to smear and run together and ugh...it just failed.
This is the sad cupcake I had experimented on after I ate it's faces...lol...
I swear to you I did nothing to make it look that way! Yet it makes me think of a sad Home Alone face LOL!
Anyhow, so I gave up on the Sesame Street cupcakes and decided to just use up the icing smearing it on to get it done and over with. I did it very quickly because I was just too depressed and annoyed to care what it looked like. I had no desire to even frost them at all really. I am really bummed that the cupcakes look so crappy. I really liked them...if only I could find the right stuff :'(
Anyone know where you can buy CANDY googly eyes???????? (or how to make sugar icing not be so melty??)
"Failure doesn't mean you are a failure... it just means you haven't succeeded yet." - Robert Schuller (Sigh...I'll keep telling myself that one I guess...)
Aw, I'm sorry the cupcakes didn't work as you'd hoped. I have made Sesame Street cupcakes before. If you'd like to try again, I can show you some links or something!
ReplyDeleteThey dont look that bad! Dont be so hard on yourself! Try making a buttercream icing-not as runny.
ReplyDelete1/2 cup butter, 4cups icing sugar, 1/3cup milk 1teaspoon vanilla. *cream butter add 1/2 of sugar & beat, add milk, beat again add rest of sugar and beat again.
Its super yummy!!
That's the thing! I DID make buttercream icing lol I don't know why it came out so runny, it was nice and thick in the bowl. I am almost wondering if the heat of my hands melted it or something when it was in the bag! :S
ReplyDeleteThanks though!
Oh and LJ I would LOVE some links! I am going to attempt to make them again TODAY for the party tomorrow. I am hoping they will turn out at least better than this :S lol
ReplyDeleteI bought mini marshmallows and I going to actually try using them for the eyes with a mini chocolate chip. I also got jelly beans for the nose to try too. Here's hoping they turn out nice!