Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 15

Boy was today a hard one for waking up! Benjamin decided that before 6am would be a good time to rise and shine...I on the other hand couldn't quite get that shine going. In spite of all my tiredness I dragged us to the Y again. We were planning to swim with Meghan, Jen and Casey and their little ones and then Meghan and I were going to try out the Zumba class for the first time. We had time between our swim and Zumba so we went for dinner at Crabby Joes. I wasn't very eager to go since I truly can't afford it but I figured I could find something cheap to share with Ben. Meghan and I ended up splitting on something and Ben and Jen's daughter Lorelai were going to split a kids meal. Ben however was not up for eating really and just picked at a few odd things so we didn't split the kids meal because he only ate one bite of it lol I caved and ordered a pop too.
Then thanks to our wonderful Canadian athletes we each were given a ticket to enter to win our meal free! Apparently each time Canada makes it to the podium for winning any medals they do a draw (how awesome is that?!). Well luckily Meghan won so neither of us paid for the meal we split! We each only had to pay for our pops lol
I was especially happy about that because I didn't feel like our nachos were worth even paying for :S They weren't bad, but they certainly weren't anything I would have ordered had I knew exactly what I would be getting.

One thing I do love about Crabby Joes is that you can colour on the table! :P
Here's what I doodled for Benjamin :)



Of course given the fact I was attempting a picture of three kids under the age of two with my camera phone, I couldn't manage to get a great one where nobody was blurry...but this was the best I could manage...



At one point poor, little, teething Gabriel was making a lot of noise crying and Ben was sure to let us know how he felt about that...lol...



After dinner we ended up deciding not even to go back to work out. We were already late for Zumba and both Gabe and Ben were tired and both chose to let us (and everyone else within a mile away) know it. Not exactly sure why Ben was so tired, so early (perhaps it was the very early rising) but putting them in the play room was just not going to work out.

We were extremely fortunate to catch our bus home. We were walking to our stop, me pushing the stroller and holding Ben (he had wanted to walk but then fell down because I am pretty sure he was actually falling asleep while walking!) and I saw the bus go by! I ran to the corner and around and saw it was actually still at our stop! So I ran like a mad woman and got there just in time! The bus left the second I got on. I was so happy we actually made it. It wouldn't have been very fun at all waiting forever for the next one to come with a crabby, sleepy boy. Came home, got him in his pjs and asked him if he had to go pee...he said yes and within not even a minute he was peeing on the toilet! :D
Then it was time for bed.
He fell asleep easily and let me read to him again from the chair as he laid in bed dozing off ♥

"Mothers of little boys work from son up til son down" - Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment