Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In My Mind

Does this mean I am talking to myself?

1. What is your current obsession?
Hmm...not sure there is anything I am obsessed with. Life improvement in general? I've been trying to get things together in life.

2. What are you wearing today?
Grey sweat pants with a couple white stripes down the side and an old maroon-ish coloured shirt.

3. What’s for dinner?
That's undecided. I got out ground beef from the freezer last night but I have yet to figure out exactly why.

4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Homo milk and a few other items from Shoppers.

5. What are you listening to right now?
An Elmo's World DVD.

6. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Oooh tricky one...could I have a place here and then be put up in hotels elsewhere in the world so I can test the "waters" in other far off places? Then I could decide. I wouldn't want to choose somewhere like France and then end up hating my surroundings and wish I were back home!

7. What is one thing you want to change about yourself?
Just one thing? Well lets go with weight loss then. It would be fantastic if I could be totally in shape with a hot body and not have to do a single thing to actually maintain it lol

8. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
I don't know! :S

9. Which language do you want to learn?
I'd really like to learn more than one but I think first off I'd like to learn Spanish.

10. What’s your favorite quote?
I have SO many quotes that I love. I have never been able to figure out exactly why I love quotes so much (if you haven't noticed I end each entry with one) but I am always coming across more that I like. Maybe it's because I can put out words I agree with and not have to worry about thinking up my own clever way of saying what's on my mind. Someone else has already found the words to get their...our...point across in just a sentence or two. Anyways there are so many I could choose but I want to answer with this one because I don't think many people will have actually heard this one before...

"There is nothing “paranormal” in the Universe, except our limited understanding of Nature. What we think we “know” on Earth now is just a tiny drop in the Ocean of Knowledge." - Author Unknown.

I like it because I find too many people in our world believe they know everything and that truly none of us know anything. There are too many things that are completely unbelievable in the world and when it comes down to it I don't think any of them are all that hard to believe...anything is possible so when we make discoveries, such as an entirely new species is found or something once thought to be impossible is proved to be in fact be possible, I am usually only shocked out of awe, not out of disbelief. Just because we weren't aware of something, doesn't mean it didn't (or couldn't) exist. A purple, flying dog with a cat's meow? Sure! Just because we haven't ever seen one and think such an animal doesn't exist doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a pack of them running around in some untouched part of the world. So when people tell me that ghosts, aliens and psychics for example don't exist it really frustrates me. It bothers me that people can be so sure that something doesn't exist or isn't possible simply because they haven't had the proof to believe. It especially confuses me that a lot of the same people are willing to have such a strong faith in religious beliefs and yet need no proof to support those ideas. It just doesn't make much sense to me how people can be so open to some things and so closed to others. Of course it is human nature to have our own personal beliefs, to believe in some things and not others, but I try to remain open to the fact that I could very well be wrong either way about what I do and do not believe. The point is, we don't know so we shouldn't be stating that as a matter of fact such a thing doesn't exist...instead we should be saying that to our knowledge one doesn't exist...and be open to the idea that one could exist...even if we find the odds to be very unlikely.
In fact here's another appropriate quote from a little song I know...perhaps you know it? lol

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one" - John Lennon



11. What is something you would like to learn to cook?
Mmm...so many things! I'd love to be able to make some yummy, spicy samosas, or baklava, spanakopita or Dominoes Chicken Kickers ;P Veggie Sushi would be kind of fun to make too.

12. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
I guess to try and surround yourself with loving people who would never dream of hurting you. Maybe if you have a good deal of supportive people in your life the bad apples won't seem so noticeable and you can brush off their negativity easier...or perhaps they won't even try and mess with you because they know you have a large army of people to stand behind you! :P

13. What are you afraid of the most?
What scares me most are the negative possibilities in the world of things that could happen to my son. So many horrific things could happen and it makes me want to have a nervous breakdown and just become a hermit and hide us from the rest of the world when I think about them...so I try my hardest to just not think about them. I try to focus instead on all the endless positive experiences that can and will occur. Being a parent can be a very terrifying ordeal! You just need to be strong and expect the best to happen and be ready for anything just in case, otherwise you'll go crazy.

14. Who do you want to meet right now?
Anyone who will change my life for the better...

15. What is your favorite color?
Purple.

16. Give us 3 styling tips that work for you.
*The longer and darker the eyelashes (to a certain extent!) is always nice...I have yet to find the perfect mascara for me but I'm still looking.
*Brush your teeth...and use Crest White Strips about once a year or two (the classic kind works good). Having white teeth and a nice smile is a very important part of your image I think.
*Wear clothes that show off your assets and flatter your not so great features.

17. What is your dream job?
I have two ways of answering this. One way is my "dream" job...as in the one that wouldn't necessarily be the right one for me but if I were a different person in a different life and in a different world (because it wouldn't be that successful of a career considering the state of the industry now) it would be the most kick butt job ever! I'd be an A&R scout for a major record label. Universal was what I had been aiming for when I was actually pursuing this.
My second answer is the job I would absolutely love to have that is also logical and suiting. I think it has far greater meaning and importance and I think the people who would surround me in this career would for the most part be people I like more than a lot of the people I'd be surrounded by in the music industry. I want to be a teacher. I think grade 2 sounds about right but I'd be qualified up to grade 6 so my options would be open. I think being a psychologist or social worker sound good too...but until I have finished at least my first year of university I think I will have to wait and see what career excites me most. Either way I would want to make a difference. Help people. Pursue a better understanding of our world and the way things are.
Actually...when it comes right down to it I could say my absolute dream job would be to be a wealthy traveler who goes where the wind blows and helps people along the way, everywhere I go. Not sure if there is actually a job out there that would allow me to do that (and boy would it be a challenge to drag my son along with me, never mind the issues of us not seeing family enough!) but that's what I wish I could do. So maybe the best answer after all of this is actually that my dream job is no job. I think I'd make a far greater difference in this world that way anyhow. I'd much rather live life as a free spirit...with the funds I'd need to truly do so. No matter how much I love working somewhere the schedules and having to commit to hours that I have no say in are so beyond depressing that I am never satisfied with work. It bothers me SO much that people have no choice but to wake up and go to work because they are scheduled, even if they wake up and happen to be feeling like garbage or have simply something better to do that day. If I could just come and go as I please it would be great...clearly that's not the world we live in unless of course I become the owner of something and can pick my own hours. It is just so depressing that we don't really have a choice in life but to work. I mean, of course we need that in life or a lot of people would just do nothing. I just wish I was someone fortunate enough to not need to work so I could just do as I please at all times! (as I hear you all say 'Wouldn't we all?!'). But I honestly think everyone would be happier and would have the time to devote to the things they truly care about if only we didn't have the need to work...too bad that's just not the way things go, we depend on money WAY too much in our world. Imagine if money didn't exist? If we all just did what we needed to survive? It seems like things would be so much simpler and our world would be so much healthier. But that's just a thought.


18. What’s your favorite magazine?
Today's Parent.

19. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Argh. There is too many things I need money for to let me decide. I could use it on my credit card, buy some groceries, pay for my UWO application, buy a bus pass, buy my Chi flat iron (with what I already have to go towards it), buy some much needed clothes, do something with this mess of hair, etc...

20. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Oh there are so many...I'll go with wearing clothes that don't fit. It's not very nice to see rolls showing :S

21. Who, according to you, is the most over-rated writer?
Meave Binchy...although I can't actually say that because I have only attempted to even read one book and it wasn't all that awful. I just couldn't find myself getting into it that much and have yet to finish it. It was alright though. But if all her books are like that then I don't get the appeal.

22. What brings a smile on your face instantly?
Benjamin singing, laughing, being silly, showing off his intelligence, being snuggly etc.

23. What is one word that you say a lot?
Whatever.

24. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
I'd love to have hair kind of like this...



25. What are you going to do after this?
I'm not sure exactly...

26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Cry...

27. What makes you go wild?
Debates and love.

28. What are your favorite movies?
The Departed, The Notebook, Bobby, Mean Girls, Uptown Girls, Across the Universe, Georgia Rule, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and so on...

29. What inspires you?
People coming together, passion, children (especially Ben), miracles, love, anger, etc...

30. What do your friends call you most commonly?
I dunno, probably crazy lol

31. Would you prefer coffee or tea?
Depends on my mood.

32. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
I haven't been able to follow as much as I would like so I only get to take a look at people's blogs every so often. I am always sure to check my friend Meghan's though simply because she is nutso and also a friend of mine in real life. The whole two posts she has made thus far lol Hers is the Anything But Ordinary one I follow. Otherwise I enjoy looking at any of the ones I follow...I like finding new ones to follow too!

33. What is your favorite dessert/sweet?
Mmm I don't think I could ever decide so I will just say what I would like right now...cheesecake...do they make chocolate cheesecake with raspberries? Because if so that is most definitely what I want at the moment lol

34. How many tabs are turned on in your browser right now?
Four.

35. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I need a hair cut BAD.

36. What is your favorite season?
Each season has its own good qualities but I definitely enjoy Summer most. Hot weather, beaches, less clothing, sun, hot rain and breezes, lightening storms, festivals, etc...

37. What is one wish that you really want to see come true?
I'd love for me to have a really well paying job that I love doing and to be happily married. I'd also love to see Ben grow and have the best, happiest, healthiest life imaginable. Ok, so I can't just pick one but I narrowed them down! :P

38. What breaks your heart?
Oh so many things. I won't even get into that because this will seriously turn very depressing.

39. What's one thing you really want to do in life?
Understand it all and change the world for the better.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." - Judy Garland

No comments:

Post a Comment