Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 19

Boy am I sick. I haven't felt so tired and cranky in such a long time. Today Benjamin thought it would be fun to drive me insane too. He didn't have a nap (despite all the attempts) and ended up falling asleep during his dinner in his high chair. I am happy he at least ate a good deal of food first!
So he has been sleeping since probably about 5:20pm or so and I am hoping he will only need to wake up for a little bit before being able to go back to sleep for the night (or better yet just remaining asleep for the night!).
I am hoping he isn't sick as well, but last night he did have a slight puke incident and today he has sneezed a lot.

This morning I took these pictures...

I think this one looks as if he is peering his head into another realm! (he's so curious don'tcha think? lol)



This is him simply being cute...



Here we are having another snuggle before actually getting up again...



I am not even sure anymore how I ended up on this site exactly but today I stumbled upon a really great website for "Free Online Meditation". I have been trying since at least my high school days to learn to truly meditate and have never found myself able to really do it. I could never just turn my mind off and relax completely. I often found I would think even more!
This site offers an online course to learn to meditate. At first I was a bit skeptical of it because naturally being so paranoid I guess, I wondered if the videos were going to hypnotize me or something! lol But I chose to risk it.
I completed class one today. I enjoyed the first step which is a video. I agreed with a lot of the thinking. When it came to actually trying out the meditation I used the audio for guided meditation. It was great. Even with distractions coming from neighbours making noise and of course my own thoughts, I was able to for the most part silence the world and calm myself. This was especially tricky considering I couldn't breathe AT ALL through my nose lol
When the audio stopped I was so relaxed that I didn't even really notice it was over. I simply thought it was a calming silence and that I was supposed to keep it up. It was deeply relaxing. After a minute or two I decided to check and I saw it was in fact over. It was really nice to do and I am definitely going to continue on with the rest of the course. The site is really clear to navigate to and extremely easy to learn. It is not religious in any way I find, so don't be held back by religious beliefs you may have. I definitely recommend it even if you're not into that kind of thing.

My apologies that I can't get it to just link...something is still wrong with my blog when it comes to that :S


http://www.onlinemeditation.ca/

Going back to the first picture today I find it amusing that I would end up with a picture that appears as if Ben's head is entirely in another world and then come across a sight that tries to lead people on the path of enlightenment! Oh how the world works in mysterious ways...no?

“Meditation is the tongue of the soul and the language of our spirit” - Jeremy Taylor

1 comment: