
.jpg)
.jpg)
Just finishing up watching the two premiere episodes of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution (finally!!) and it is everything I hoped it would be. Can't wait for next week's episode. I really hope people in this world watch and take something from it. The way our world eats is insanely messed up an unnatural.
Be sure to read my "quote" today...it's really just a recent London Free Press article with you. I know a lot of readers are moms so it's a good thing to know if you don't already. I am hoping that we just have a normal cold and not this RSV, but who knows? When we saw the doctor on Tuesday he didn't even mention it to us. A friend who's son who is about a year older than Ben I believe, got sick the same time as him (I'm thinking from the first birthday party we attended on Saturday where there were a bunch of sick kids running around) and she had to take him to the ER today as his fever wouldn't break. Turns out the poor boy has both ears infected as well as his lungs too! :(
So if tomorrow Ben isn't feeling better I think I will be getting him checked out again to be safe. He is so not himself. I've also never seen him sleep so much!
Here's hoping all these sick kids (and me!) feel better soon!!
"Forget about H1N1 and seasonal flu, there is another virus in town. This one is called Respiratory Syncytial Virus and can be a problem for children under one year of age.
"If your child is sicker than normal, has a high or uncontrollable fever, if they are short of breath, those children should be taken for an assessment," said Cathie Walker, manager of infectious disease control with the Middlesex-London Health Unit.
RSV has been circulating in the London area and across Ontario. Symptoms include dry cough, congested or runny nose, sore throat, fever and headache. Walker said while there isn't a vaccine against RSV, people can counter the virus with the usual public health measures -- handwashing, covering your cough, keeping the environment clean and staying home when sick.
Although this time of the year is typically the height of flu season, there hasn't been a single case of seasonal flu confirmed in Middlesex and London in 2010." - By JOHN MINER, The London Free Press Last Updated: March 18, 2010 7:58am
OH my, poor child that is so sad just looking at him. Hope you guys are feeling better soon. And I too enjoyed the food revolution although watching what they were feeding their kids made me want to vomit.
ReplyDelete