I got to the path and after walking maybe twenty feed into it the paved path went away and it was kind of a sandy/rocky path. Then that path ended too...and I realized I led me right to the river lol Where I was on the path, there are only little creeks here and there until you are further down and then you can actually see the river. So I really wasn't expecting to find the river at this point of the path, although it doesn't really surprise me lol Anyways I had came so far already and really didn't want to head all the way back out of the woods only to walk the boring sidewalks, which by the way lead you way out of the way before bringing you to King's, so I looked around to see what my options were. Up ahead there was a bit of a dirt foot path that led up the very steep hill (Psh! More like mountain!). It led up the to back of the Seminary. So I decided to brave it and push up...and up...and up lol
Strollers + rocks + tree roots + steep hill = a good work out! LOL It was a bit sketchy because there was basically only enough room width wise for me and the stroller :S But I certainly didn't think it was too risky or anything or I wouldn't have chanced it. As I was reaching the top I saw...a fence...
I was like you have got to be kidding me!!!
But I kept going up and hoping there was some sort of passageway through it and was pleased to find the dirt, foot path continued on at the top along side the fence and there was plenty of room to walk and it was nice and smooth. I walked a bit then stopped to take in the view of the river from the top of the "cliff". It was absolutely gorgeous!! I looked up and saw a hawk (pretty sure that's what it was). It was so pretty and had such a big wing span! It was circling around the tops of the trees in front of/above me and it was so close I could really appreciate it. I wanted SO badly to take a picture of it (and the river and a gazillion other things I saw along the way - including the hill I conquered lol) but my phone was literally about to die so I couldn't even get a picture with my crappy camera phone! What a bummer. It was still very rewarding however, I love being out in the nature like that (which is funny considering my severe dislike of all things buggy and how many bugs are a part of nature LOL). I love to hike and always have, but since I don't have someone to go with I never do because our world is way too messed up for a woman to be able to safely go walking in the woods on her own :(
Even today the thought was in the back of my mind and I certainly looked over my shoulder far more than I did yesterday when I was with Mike (I didn't at all then...). When I told my mom where I went today the first thing she said was about how that's where women get raped all the time. Splendid.
Well thankfully nothing happened and I have now found a great spot that I will definitely be returning to (however likely with another adult and not a stroller lol).
After the whole King's adventure I went to the store to pick up a few needed ingredients for dinner. I scored a pot of Easter Lilies for only 99 cents! :D
The one bloom was simply a bit droopy. I still think it is pretty though!
I made Shepherd's Pie today for my first time. I used this recipe as a guideline. http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/easy-shepherds-pie-108130.aspx
I added a bit of parsley and some cheese sauce on top (I was on the phone with my mom and was not pay any attention to what I was doing and ended up starting making that instead of the gravy! Wrong package! LOL! I also added some Parmesan cheese to the mix and used more potatoes than suggested (I think it needed more since I wasn't using the suggested dish to cook it in).
It turned out SOO good!! It was so cute, I asked Ben if he wanted to try the potato mix off a spoon and he said no...so I happily ate it instead. Then he decided it was worth a shot so I let him lick the other spoon I used and he said...and I quote..."Mmmmmm!" LOL
So I told him that was what we were having for dinner and when it came time to eat he gobbled a good deal of it up! I don't think he even knew there was ground beef in it since I kind of masked it with the potato lol
That is very impressive considering he is still sick and hasn't been eating anything (even his favourite foods!) all week!
Definitely a success...I am glad there is so much left over! :)
This morning Ben randomly decided to discover how to make the stroller into a double stroller! Woo! Go Ben! LOL!!
Ben is all about coming up with efficient new ways to travel...including the much loved Mommy walker...lol...
Here he is after our adventures. He slept through pretty much the whole thing!! lol
Now here is my first ever Shepherd's Pie! ♥
This is before baking...it totally looks like my tacozagna instead! LOL...
This is after the baking. It looks so cheesy (since it was) but it didn't taste too cheesy either. It was simply delicious!
I also stumbled upon a really cool customized radio station site that allows you to create multiple stations and rate songs so that it becomes tailored (quickly) to your listening style. I have used other sites like this and enjoyed them but so far this one seems awesome. I can't figure out a way to link directly to my profile, but here's the link for the site... http://www.jango.com
Just try searching the username MissBellaVita and perhaps you will find my stations :P
“Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” - Theodore Roethk
No comments:
Post a Comment