In fact come to think of it my friend Cairine helped do some odd weeding here and there as well...lol...ok so I guess considering how little time I spent in my garden I guess I was just the birth mother or something as I was the one who grew the flowers from seeds and got them going!! LOL
Anyways I was trying to do it on a budget and I liked the idea of having a true "green" thumb so I reused things to serve as my containers for the seeds.
I was really shocked and delighted when the seeds actually grew! Obviously it was on an entirely different level of significance for me, but it was a similar feeling to giving birth! Something I planted turned into a real living thing! It sounds cheesy but it was a miracle in my eyes every time a seed began to sprout (it still is!)
I used yogurt containers and a Harvey's poutine container to plant my seeds in.
This was the brand and size of yogurt containers I used and I think they did really well...

Excuse the extremely unappetizing picture but this is the kind of poutine container that was used. It worked fantastically. I planted a few seeds or so of Zinnias and it was amazing how well it worked! I am planning on treating myself to another poutine soon so I can use one again LOL

From a few seeds in that ^ to this...
Ok nevermind how awful those look...the picture was taken in the Fall when they were already dying LOL The point is to see how much grew! (and that wasn't even all of the Zinnias!!)
Here's a pretty shot to make up for those last few LOL...
This year I am hoping to use a Kleenex Boutique Facial Tissue box as a container. My plan is to put a small container that fits inside (perhaps another yogurt container) that has already grown and is tall enough to reach out through the tissue hole, inside the box from the bottom, and tape the bottom back up. It will be trickier to water I supposed but I'm just experimenting and it's simply because I think the box is really stylish and I am out of tissues :P
The one I have has a pretty black design on it...

(Clearly I did not take the pictures of the "containers" so I am not taking credit LOL!!!)
“To see things in the seed, that is genius.” - Lao Tzu
"Think small. Planting tiny seeds in the small space given you
can change the whole world or, at the very least, your view of it." - Linus Mundy
No comments:
Post a Comment