Friday, March 26, 2010

This shh..is Bananas..

I did a bit of researching to find out what to do about my Banana Plant and for the most part it all seems fairly easy. I basically just need to water it a lot and keep it in the sun as much as possible. I moved it from the kitchen and made room on the bookshelf that holds other plants, that is located in the best sun spot in the place.



Banana trees are the most water thirsty plant. Oddly they suck a lot of water during the night, then spit it out by the ends of their leaves! Which explains why when I first got it, I walked by and my arm brushed against the end of the leaf and I swear it licked me! LOL It must be placed near the window (Southwest is ideal).

I also found this article about Banana Plants that was useful...
http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/banana-bonanza/index.html




"Along with other fruits and vegetables, consumption of bananas are associated with a reduced risk of colorectal cancer and in women, breast cancer and renal cell carcinoma." -Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment