I have recently been made aware of a fantastic website called Fooducate. It can be found at http://www.fooducate.com
It is basically about everything you would want (or at least should) know about the food we eat.
While checking the site out I have been reading a lot of their blogs. I came across the entry about Jamie Oliver. I've gotta say after watching this video I think I'm in love...haha, ok so not really in love but he is definitely good in my books! Be sure to watch the video...
I had read a great article a while back when visiting Mike's mom's place in a Canadian Living magazine. It had to do with this "revolution" that Jamie Oliver is trying to start. I highly recommend reading the article as well...
http://shar.es/mX4nR
Something needs to be changed in our world in regards to food. On a regular basis I find myself eating A LOT of the same goods against my desire for diversity. Of course some of it is based on preference and taste alone, but a large amount of what's to blame for this is that I would like to try and eat only healthy, fresh, real food and I find it really complicated to even come across (and/or afford) that quality of food. I'm sure there are more possibilities out there that I am just not aware of but that right there is an issue is it not? Shouldn't it be natural...normal for me to simply know what food is good for me and my son to eat? I mean, I have a really good knowledge of food, what is good and what is not, but something tells me that past generations knew a heck of a lot more than I do. People think I am crazy all the time when they find out I don't let Ben drink pop, eat overly sugary food, eat fast food and even drink juice. I am told I am depriving him of fun, robbing him of his childhood. It's not as if the kid never gets a treat, but I don't allow junk food in his regular diet. There is no need for it. It is unhealthy and not the way I want to raise my son. I want him to have a better understanding of his body and the things he puts into it. They say food is like the gasoline that runs our bodies...so of course I want him to have only the best. I want to do my best to ensure he can go far in life. If he isn't properly "fueling" himself I'd imagine the odds of him doing so decrease. I definitely don't have the best eating habits myself and find it hard to keep on the right track with healthy diets...but that's the world I was raised in...so I beg of you all to be the change we need for our children's world to be better!
For more about what Jamie is doing...
http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution
Here's a preview of his new show premiering March 26 "Jamie's Food Revolution"...
http://tinyurl.com/yegqeqw
Again...sorry for not being able to link directly to the sites...still haven't figured out what's going on with my blogger :S
"I believe that every child in America has the right to fresh, nutritious school meals, and that every family deserves real, honest, wholesome food. Too many people are being affected by what they eat. It's time for a national revolution. America needs to stand up for better food!" - Jamie Oliver
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Oliver. He is 34.
ReplyDelete